Let us first understand what connected commerce is:
Connected ecommerce refers to the seamless integration of all channels of commerce, including brick-and-mortar stores, online marketplaces, social media, mobile apps, and more. The goal of connected commerce is to create a seamless and personalized shopping experience for customers across all channels and touchpoints.
Let us Jump Into Connected Stores:
Connected stores, on the other hand, are physical retail locations that are integrated with digital technologies and connected to the broader ecosystem of connected commerce.
Connected stores may use technologies like digital signage, augmented reality, and mobile apps to enhance the shopping experience, create new opportunities for customer engagement, and improve operational efficiency.
Together, connected commerce and stores are part of a broader trend towards omnichannel retail, where retailers seek to create a seamless shopping experience that bridges the gap between online and offline channels. By connecting stores to the broader ecosystem of digital commerce, retailers can offer a more personalised, convenient, and engaging shopping experience that meets the needs of today’s connected consumers.
1. The Future of Retail And Connected Ecommerce Site
As you have read in the introduction about connected ecommerce, now let us understand the future of this.
The future of retail and connected e-commerce is likely to be shaped by a range of technological, economic, and social trends. Here are some of the key developments that are likely to shape the future of retail and connected commerce
- Increased Use of Mobile Commerce:
As consumers become more comfortable with using their mobile devices to shop, retailers will need to adapt by creating mobile-optimized websites and apps that offer a seamless and personalized shopping experience.
- Integration of Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality:
Augmented reality and virtual reality technologies have the potential to transform the way consumers shop by allowing them to virtually try on clothing and accessories, explore products in 3D, and experience immersive shopping environments.
- Expansion of Omnichannel Retail:
Retailers will continue to invest in omnichannel retail, creating a seamless shopping experience that integrates brick-and-mortar stores, online marketplaces, social media, mobile apps, and more.
- Increased Use of Artificial Intelligence:
AI technologies will help retailers personalize the shopping experience by offering personalized product recommendations, optimizing inventory management, and automating customer service.
- Emergence of New Business Models:
The growth of the sharing economy, subscription services, and on-demand delivery platforms will create new opportunities for retailers to engage with customers and offer more flexible and convenient shopping options.
Overall, the future of retail and connected commerce is likely to be shaped by a combination of new technologies, changing consumer behaviors, and innovative business models. Retailers that are able to adapt to these changes and offer a seamless and personalized shopping experience across all channels are likely to thrive in the years to come.
2. Connected Ecommerce Examples
Let Me Give you Some Examples of Connected Ecommerce.
- Buy Online, Pick up in Store (BOPIS):
Many retailers are now offering BOPIS as a way for customers to purchase items online and pick them up in a physical store. This allows customers to save on shipping costs and get their items more quickly, while also giving them the opportunity to see the product in person.
- In-store Kiosks:
Some retailers are using in-store kiosks to allow customers to browse their product catalogue, check inventory, and make purchases. This provides a convenient way for customers to shop in-store while also leveraging digital technology.
- Mobile Payment Options:
Retailers are increasingly offering mobile payment options that allow customers to make purchases using their smartphones. This makes the checkout process faster and more convenient, while also reducing the need for physical cash or cards.
- Personalized Product Recommendations:
Many retailers are using data and artificial intelligence to offer personalized product recommendations to customers. This helps customers find products that match their preferences and interests, while also providing retailers with valuable insights into their customers’ behavior and preferences.
- Interactive Digital Displays:
Some retailers are using interactive digital displays to create engaging in-store experiences that help customers learn more about products and make informed purchasing decisions. These displays can include features like augmented reality, touchscreens, and other digital technologies.
Overall, the examples of connected commerce illustrate the many ways in which retailers are leveraging digital technology to create a more seamless and personalized shopping experience for their customers.
3. What is a Connected E-Commerce site?
A Connected E-Commerce site refers to an online retail platform that integrates multiple systems, tools, and applications to create a seamless and streamlined shopping experience for customers.
Here, Esplanda Provides a Connected E-Commerce site for Liquor and Grocery Store
Where you can get various digital technologies, such as customer relationship management (CRM) systems, order management systems, inventory management systems, payment gateways, shipping and logistics, and analytics tools, are integrated to work together seamlessly. This integration helps create a cohesive shopping experience for customers, from browsing products to purchasing, receiving, and tracking orders.
The Connected website also shares consumer data with retailers, allowing you to build direct relationships with consumers and drive traffic to retailers that support your brand(s).
By connecting brands with Google Analytics and Facebook Pixels, Connected brands can better understand, grow, and engage their customer base. Furthermore, brands may create Google Ads targeting consumers near stores carrying their products to drive relevant traffic to their websites.
In other words you can drive consumers to your website and you can also make them purchase your products in a more convenient way.
Esplanda Connected ecommerce website gives you these many features, that too with a $0 starter plan to set up an ecommerce site.
- Provide third-party supply chain integration to handle end-to-end processes from receiving orders to delivery/shipping to customers by click of a button.
- AI-based Inventory Management Software for accurate inventory prediction, easily manage inventory and do supply & demand analysis.
- Built-in POS System to analyze & predict the real-time market demand, optimize inventory and increase sales and profits.
- Automate Pick-up orders to Delivery/Shipping process with our third-party suppliers integration.
4. The Reasons Why you Should Sell On Marketplaces
Selling on marketplaces can be a great way to expand your business and increase your sales. Here are some reasons why you should consider selling on marketplaces.
- Increased Exposure:
Marketplaces have a large number of visitors and customers, so listing your products on these platforms can help you reach a wider audience and increase your visibility.
- Built-in Customer Base:
Marketplaces already have a customer base that is looking to buy products, so you don’t need to spend as much time and money on marketing and advertising.
Easy to get started: Setting up an account on a marketplace is usually straightforward, and many marketplaces offer tools and resources to help you get started.
- Low Overhead Costs:
You don’t need to invest in building and maintaining your own website or storefront, which can save you time and money.
- Trusted Payment Systems:
Many marketplaces have trusted payment systems in place, which can make it easier for customers to purchase your products.
- Access to Valuable Data:
Marketplaces often provide sellers with valuable data about customer behavior and preferences, which can help you make informed decisions about your products and marketing strategies.
However, it’s important to note that selling on marketplaces is just one piece of a larger strategy for selling products. It’s also important to consider selling on your own website, through social media, and in-person events to diversify your sales channels and reach as many potential customers as possible.
5. Best Marketplaces With The Highest Volume
- Amazon: With over 300 million active customers worldwide, Amazon is the largest online marketplace in the world. It offers a wide range of products, including books, electronics, clothing, and household items.
Consumers never leave your site while they make a purchase, providing an elegant
- eBay: eBay is a popular online auction and shopping platform that allows individuals and businesses to sell new and used items to customers around the world. It has over 185 million active buyers and offers a wide range of products, including electronics, fashion, and collectibles.
- Ourliquorstore: Ourliquorstore makes it easier for people to find and buy their favorite liquor, just from the comfort of their home. With the largest and finest collection of liquors on website, you can type any product you want. Name it and they have it!
- Alibaba: Alibaba is a Chinese e-commerce platform that connects businesses and consumers worldwide. It is the largest B2B online marketplace in the world, and it offers a wide range of products, including electronics, clothing, and machinery.
- Etsy: Etsy is an online marketplace that focuses on handmade and vintage items, as well as unique factory-manufactured items. It has over 82 million active buyers and offers a wide range of products, including jewellery, home decor, and clothing.
It’s important to note that there are many other global marketplaces that may be more appropriate depending on the type of products you sell and your target audience. It’s always a good idea to research and compare different marketplaces to find the best fit for your business.
Reading your article helped me a lot and I agree with you. But I still have some doubts, can you clarify for me? I’ll keep an eye out for your answers.